Sunday, June 25, 2017

floral fetish

I was feeling a little under the weather this morning so I did what any fabric nerd would do: I cheered myself up by spreading out all my fabric samples on the bed (the dogs joined in :)

I have a decor project on the go and I've got big, bold florals on my mind. I found some absolute stunners amongst my swatches.


Clockwise starting top left these are Uzbec (Lewis & Wood), Annapurna (Zoffany) Zarafshan (Lewis & Wood) and Floreat (also Lewis & Wood)
I would LOVE Zarafshan on a big, oversized sofa (the Turquoise/Lime colourway is to die for!) It's printed on a totally awsome 100% cotton basecloth.



How WOW is the sofa below? This looks especially luxurious as it looks like it's printed on satin or velvet. I couldn't find a reference for the fabric but I found the image on www.decoist.com



Benaki (below) from Lewis & Wood is printed on 100% linen - Siiiiiigh! It's a great floral solution for someone who thinks they don't like florals.



It's not that often you find a floral on a very dark or black background. I love the weight it gives the sofa below (Image via Pintrest via HouseandGarden.stfi.re)


 Here is the other delectable smorgasboard of floral prints. We have Zarafshan (Lewis & Wood), Leaf Trail, Scroll Embroidery and Astra Embroidery (all Zoffany) and then a close up of Benaki and Ipek Damask, both by Lewis & Wood.


The Ipek Damask is bold but not hectically busy. As you can see, it makes up beautifully and with a Linen/Jute composition, why wouldn't it?
 Florals meet tropical flair in Stuart Graham's Calypso from their Mardi Gras range. It's a fun dual purpose fabric that has a Designer's Guild feel about it.
 Droooooool! Silsila (top left below) isn't new, but it's a firm favourite. Magnificent Macaws (below and on the right) is a rich, exotic print on a 100% linen basecloth. It is utterly sublime.
 I love the contrast of the mature, hunters-green wall and the very fresh floral on the headboard below. I couldn't find a reference for the fabric but I found the image on www.shelterness.com. Alongside is a bigger image showing the ever-favourite Silsila.
If you're based in South Africa you can get Lewis & Wood and Zoffany via St Leger & Viney. Magnificent Macaws, Silsila are available via Mavromac.

Till next time nerds x
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment