Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Art in nature... just beautiful

Hertex recently launched a BEAUTIFUL new range of florals.  Inspired by watercolour artworks, it makes use of soft pastels and sludgy, natural tones. 


Things to love about this range: 

Oversized florals 
I know it's groundhog day with me getting excited about scale, but truly, it's a deal maker and is the difference between a twee floral and an awesome floral.

The base cloth
Most of the designs are printed on a blend of Linen and Viscose so they have THE. MOST. delicious handle - soft and heavy and drapey. 

The palette
Feminine and warm without being cutesy.

Design aesthetics
The designs could work for retro, as well as country, as well as classical interiors. The bold scale makes it a winner for BIG spaces and accent pieces.

Versatility
Most designs can be used for both curtaining and domestic upholstery. Boom!

Take a look at the designs...

Camelia (below) is probably my favourite. Love the wide use of colour and slightly tropical mood.
Woodland (below) totally reminds me of a Turner painting. Love the gentle use of colour how they softly blend into one another.


Night Garden (below) is their anchor fabric and it makes ALL the difference that it's BIG. 


Nottingham (below)  looks to be sweet and cute at first but again, it's the scale that gives it punch.

I LOVE Forestry (below). It reminds me of negative wax scratch-out art and I think it's so clever that they've inverted the application of colours.


Newstead (below) is a fabulous filler fabric. This would look totally bangin' on a big fat upholstered headboard.
Last but not least, Thicket (below) is just a gorgeous, feminine, floral. I love the indistinct lines and painterly mood and it reminds me of the artwork in a vintage Book of Nursery Rhymes we owned when I was a kid. Very romantic and almost mystical.


Till next time nerds :)
x




No comments:

Post a Comment