Monday, January 22, 2018

Saint Siena and The Bakers Wife





The name of this blog post sounds rather like the title of a novel, but the short and sweet story is that over the December break, I fell in love with a new (new to me, at least) shop in Kalk Bay. Saint Siena is a visual and tactile feast and boasts clothes and fabrics that I'm totally mad about. It stocks a collection of clothing, interior decor pieces, jewelry, sunglasses, greeting cards and more.

I haven't paid much attention apparel on my blog, but that's because most of the clothing you will find in chain stores, is made from hideous synthetic fabric that makes me itch and perspire to even look at. While it's true that some stores stock delicious cotton and viscose apparel, you will seldom find 100% linen clothes.  (Take a drool at the texture of the linens below).

Ta daaaaa. Enter Saint Siena. The shop is a collective (more about the other designers later) and one of the designers I love is The Bakers Wife. The creative brainchild of Cyrille Carreon, her collection is comfy and sophisticated in an understated way. 


Her signature piece is the onsie, which comes with either full sleeves or spaghetti straps. I call it "beach-to-bar" wear (though in my case it's more beach-to-parent/teacher-meeting :) 

Her swing top/tunic is elegant and simple and you could rock this in both a casual or formal setting.  The raw edges are a fresh take on the linen look, which is normally super tailored. 



Not only are Cyrille's designs a delight, Cyrille is a delight too ~ I was lucky enough to catch a quick cup of coffee with her before the madness of the year began! 

If you'd like to read more about her brand, check out her website. Her designs are also available at the Mojo Market where in addition to her clothing line, she also sells a range of hand embroidered napkins.



Till next time nerds,
Have a magical week x
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment