Wednesday, January 3, 2018

twas the season to be jolly happy about fabric :) #passionproject

Howdy Nerds! 

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! Hope 2018 is full, fun and beautiful.

This was one of my best staycations ever because I got to hang at home with the family and get stuck into converting all the beautiful fabric donations into things that can be used. 

At the end of 2017, one of my last visits was to U&G and they were AWESOME about donating unused and discontinued sample pieces. Thank you so much lovely U&G Team - I can't wait to work with your fabric (<-- check out your fabric on the pink and blue quilt... so much of beautiful <3).

With the help of a brainy, brainstorming buddy, I paired fronts and backs to make 60x60 scatter cushion outers. 




Some of the fabric pieces were super strong and sturdy and whispered to me... I want to be a shopping bag or beach bag... So I made a few of those too (below).



Then, after much playing about, I planned the layout and pattern for two quilts. The fabric is the most gorgeous linen and cotton and heaven knows, it will be HARD to part with these quilts once they've been put together :)




If you live in Cape Town and know any sewing aficionados who would love to get involved in making up items, please get in touch via The Fabric Nerd's facebook page.  I would love some help from creatives who are zippy with zippers and nifty with needles.

Also, make sure you Follow and Like The Fabric Nerd Page on Facebook and SHARE SHARE SHARE The Fabric Nerd posts with your buddies because I'm planning a wee Giveaway... soon :) You can also follow the TEARS page on Facebook here --> https://www.facebook.com/TEARSAnimalRescue/ or check out their Website here -->  http://tears.org.za

Until next time nerds x




No comments:

Post a Comment