Friday, August 12, 2016

birds of a feather

I managed to tear myself away from watching the Olympics so that I could indulge in some fabric gazing.  The aloes in our garden have just finished flowering and I miss the beautiful sunbirds that came to quench their sugary thirst on the flowers. My hankering led me  to these gorgeous bird inspired fabrics...

(Image via Foter.com)

I love love love the top two prints that I found at Norfolk Textiles (top row). The one on the right just makes me grin. Too much of lovely. I found the bottom two at (left to right) www.thefabricfinder.com and www.fashionfabricsclub.com. Birds are so sweet and uplifting. How could you be grumpy with birds on your fabric?



Oh Zara, Zara, Zara, this stunning scatter has my favourite bird on it. I'd love one of these!



I found these lovely local fabrics at Hertex. They are (clockwise) Whistler, Swallow ad Tawny.


How sweet does this armchair look? It looks like it's been upholstered in Whistler. (Image via Foter.com)




I have a real soft spot for all things owlish, especially since the lovely daughter of a friend of mine loves owls. The fabric below is from Sanderson via St Leger.


Last but not least, the fabrics below are more traditional but no less lovely. I love the colouring in Giardino by Hertex (top) and I think the bottom two wallpapers from Sanderson can fresh and versatile. 





Till next time nerds and birds
x :)



No comments:

Post a Comment