Wednesday, August 3, 2016

awakening and kavango, with love...

So, Hertex has just launched three new ranges but I have to showcase the two I love the most, Awakening (my favourite favourite) and Kavango (my only slightly less favourite). 

Here is their spin on Awakening...

"Forget your granny’s floral prints, the new crop of flower print fabrics burst with bold colour and organic, painterly prints."

This range is primarily all about prints on stunning linen and viscose blend base-cloths. But that's not the sum of the things I love. I am mad mad mad about the palette and I love love love the oversized scale of the prints.  The next three shots are all from Awakenings. Utterly sublime if you don't mind.



If I'm pressed to choose a favourite, it would have to be the oversized paisley. Too stunning for words.




The images below are from Kavango and here is a snippet of Hertex's spin...

"A 100% locally produced collection that is perfect for upholstery, the Kavango collection of fabrics features six designs, which eschew the traditional and feature a more organic feel, perfect for clean-lined,contemporary interiors."

I think the colours in the Kavango range are great. Very gender-neutral (yes, I'm always on the hunt for these types of fabrics because of all the squabbling that goes on between spouses about what is "blue" and what is "floral" and, erm, what is allowed on my couch/bed/chair :). They're primarily manufactured from polyester which generally means that you don't have to be too precious about them. Great for holiday houses, lodges and such. GREAT that it's 100% locally produced - Whoop! Go local <3


I'd like to see a sofa made up in the second last fabric from the right (below). I know it seems boring at first glance but I think it's a winner that could work for almost any interior scheme.



Tell next time nerds x :)

No comments:

Post a Comment