Friday, July 22, 2016

pales by comparison

By now you would've pegged me as a big fan of colour. And you would be right, except that I like all kinds of colours - strong and soft. I saw the image below at Designers Guild (you can check them out here) and fell in love with the gentle hues. Frankly, I love the whole look.


I went on a big hunt to find some gorgeous fabrics in these colours and look what I found at St Leger (top panel). Then I looked a bit more and found some more at U&G (bottom squares).
And if you're worried that the look is TOO soft, you can always make your pieces up in a very unfussy way - like these clever people have.

Designers Guild have pieced together the palette beautifully (top left) and I like how these have been translated by Zara Home (all the other pics in the collage).



My local scrounging for fabrics using this palette didn't end there and I found these at Hertex
(left to right: Brushed, Parfait, Glossy, Vici, Parfait and Parfait again).
It's almost inevitable that Colefax and Fowler (below) would nail this look 'coz it's kind of their "thang". The floral is just too, too lovely!
Aaand, all inspired by Colefax and Fowler's floral, I found these gorgeous ones at U&G (left) and Zoffany (right - St Leger).


And to round off I will leave you with the wonderful legacy that is Sanderson. Take me to this cottage!


Sayonara nerds, till next time x :)

No comments:

Post a Comment