Monday, July 18, 2016

smooth as velvet...


Velvet is one of those fabrics that just work and don't have to try too hard to work. Feast your eyes on these smooth operators...

Kiso (below) by Hertex comes in traditional, luxurious colours.

James Merrell for Designers Guild (top frame) has styled their velvet in a fresh, floral context. The middle frame showcases Indulge by U&G and the bottom frame is by Miles Redd via www.housebeautiful.com)

Yes, yes, yes to the blue and aqua velvets. (Images via 1, 2, 3).
I love this super feminine look by Designer's Guild (below). One day when I'm a grand old lady I hope to have tea on just such a sofa :).


This slate grey velvet sofa is one of those gorgeous pieces that every and any generation will love. I want one.



Chartreuse, blue and vibrant cerise. I love the eclectic mood of these (1, 2, 3)

And to finish things off... a couple of Designer's Guild calm and cool tones of green and blue and some no-nonsense airforce blue
If you were wondering what my favourite velvet of all time is...It is Tsar by Elitis


Till next time nerds, keep stroking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment